Fixing The LightWave3D Discovery Mode Licensing Issue On Windows 8 and 10
For users of LightWave3D who have run into Discovery Mode suddenly and then continuously coming up even after having LW run normally for ages, this fix is for you.
Alternatively, you can automate this using a single click any time you need to fix the problem.
Thanks to Jim Oblak for the example below.
1. Create a text file called: FixFirewallLW.bat
2. Edit it with notepad++ or notepad or your favorite text editor and place the following instructions into it.
Start “” “C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2020.0.2\bin\configure.exe” “unset”
timeout /t 3 /nobreak > NUL
Start “” “C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave_2020.0.2\bin\configure.exe” “set”
3. Save the file making sure that it only has a .bat extension rather that .bat.txt or .txt at the end.
4. Run that file in administrator mode by right clicking it it and choosing “Run in Administrator Mode ” in the window that comes up.
5. Reboot and get back to work. Sometimes a reboot may not be required after the fix rules is set for the firewall. Sometimes before running this
it’s a good idea to reboot your machine first, execute these commands via the .bat file and fire up layout or modeler and see if it works.