Textures, Images, Brushes, and Objects to use in you CG projects.
In Fusion for LightWave Artists Vol. 5 - "Curse of the Phantom Shadow", Kelly "Kat" Myers takes you through a CG+Live action footage mixed VFX shot from the short film by Mark Ross. This tutorial is rather advanced but even first time users of Fusion can benefit from this title and the massive amount of information that Kat passes onto you while he builds out the composite in Black Magic Designs Fusion 9.02
Every LightWave artist needs to learn how to composite CG footage into a live action shot and this title is a perfect way to get into doing exactly that. But more importantly, is learning how to deal with footage that is not of the best quality, as Curse of the Phantom Shadow was shot on a first generation Panasonic Lumix GH1 Camera at 720p in 4:2:0 MPEG format on a shoe-string budget in Mark Ross' living room. This is where Rotoscoping comes in and some creative problem solving is needed. Rotoscoping is an essential skill all compositors must have in their tool belt and Kat shows you how to work with Rotosplines for masking of shot video as well as still photographic elements and where and how to make use of them correctly in matte control and keying tools. Corner positioner and lens distortion tools are also discussed as they are used in the comp in rather creative ways to compensate for the way the material was shot in order to get it to "line up" with the CG rendered portion produced in LightWave3D.
On the CG elements side of the comp workflow demonstrated in full in this video title, Kat shows you how to take a single render pass from LightWave3D rendered with several basic buffers (provided through exrTrader although LW's native solution works just fine) into Fusion and create bitmap masks for use on Surface/ObjectID tagged portions of the rendered image sequence to isolate them for further independent adjustment. STOP TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING PERFECT IN CAMERA! Do it in comp! Save time by making use of LightWave's render buffer technology and Fusion's ultra-powerful compositing engine, leveraging them both to your advantage and making you a better VFX artist as a result.
In this tutorial with an approximate runtime of 165 minutes, Kat takes the shot from "Zero to Hero" and you can follow along every step of the way. Provided as an optional download of just over 4GB of bonus content, the rendered image sequence, live-action blue screen footage and photographic elements as well as the Fusion Flow Comp files used to create the final shot are included. As an extra bonus, for those of you with After Effects and Optical Flares from Video Co-pilot is also provided. This is for a small final element requested by the director to finish off the shot.
A pre-configured platform to rapidly build an augmented reality app around your 3D models.
Augmented Reality Showcase construction kit for Android, using LightWave 2018, Unity3D, and ARCore.
Augmented Reality introduction for iPhone and iOS devices, using LightWave 2018, Unity3D, and ARKit.
The long-awaited Conventional Weapons Pack for TFD for LightWave3D Volume 1. is now available!
Check it out...
Priced at just $39.95 this package is a great deal.
Over 40 individual and unique examples plus the work up files are included in this pack and that's less than a dollar per scene. Most are render/sim ready for you to load up and make use of as you see fit in your own scenes.
Included in this package are scene file folderscontaining the scenes categorized ccording to the type of explosion or effect. Description of their contents listed as follows:
- Abrams (Tank cannon barrel demo example)
- FlakBursts (Ranging in style from conventional Anti-Aircraft flak guns to "Galactica style" flak, even though that was all done with HVs. A total of 11 are included plus the work up files so you can learn from them and the process that went into creating them)
- FlashBang (Simple flash bang example, simply add your own point or spherical light in the center of the detonation, animate it to go "Off" with the explosion and you are good to go! BREACH! BREACH!)
- Grenades (Fragmentation type although your interpretation of that may vary. These can easily be repurposed for RPG impacts or other weapons).
- IEDs (Five IED examples constructed from reference material of real combat video from Iraq and Afganistan. These range from small to hurt locker level.)
- LandMines\Anti-Personnel (Similar to the IED examples, these are also built from reference video from actual combat and are built off of two real-world mine types that are anti-personnel in purpose. M-14AP and M-16AP mines are standard US arsenal mines and used by militaries around the world. They can be used any way you see fit though so don't limit your imagination. 11 mines are included in this package.)
- Smoke Grenades (Several smoke grenades are included in this package which includes one for tear gas, RGB colors each and a basic generic setup as well.)
MP4 videos have been included for easy reference and can be found in the "Renders" folder.
They are listed as follows:
Everything Chilton has created for game development, including modeling, animation, videos, Unity3D and LightWave3D assets.
Kat's Disco In-fur-no Turbulence for LightWave3D Bundle (Newly expanded!)
*Newly expanded in June 2017!*
The Disco In-Fur-No bundle is now better than ever!
It's been expanded to include two more videos not previously included in this bundle for a total of 7 kick ass tutorials for TurbulenceFD.
This includes the video tutorial that goes along with the dozens of Nuclear Weapons Detonations that are ready to load into your LightWave shots. Simply find a Nuclear detonation that's to your liking out of the dozens included in the collection, load it into your shot, simulate it, and you're pretty much good to go! Kat's done the heavy lifting for you and now you can get it all and up to speed. Fast.
Does it get better than this? Absolutely. Every single person who participated in the TFD group buy-in this spring needs to pay attention here!
Get these great videos of Kat's at one low price to get...
Introduction to Turbulence FD
Advanced Concepts and Projects: Fireball
Advanced Concepts and Projects: Atmospherics
The complete Nuclear Weapons Pack (which includes a training video and of course the dozens of pre-built nuclear weapons detonations made with TurbulenceFD and LightWave3D)
Advanced Concepts and Projects - Clouds
Practical Production Techniques Vol. 10 - Project Smoke Monster
Fusion for LightWave Artists: Volume 4 - Curse of the Phantom Shadow
All together that's $193.65USD in awesome product from Liberty3D.com, but it gets more awesome with the bundle pricing of $139.65USD!
That's 53.70USD saving if bought separately and this bundle is discountable so if we have a sale on and you want to use a sale coupon to get even a further discount - you can use on this product!
While coupons can't be mixed with each other in our store... some of you have a really, really extra special coupon and you should use it for this exact bundle!
This means you, recent TFD Group Buy-in Participants! Do I have your attention still? Good. Because the Liberty3D.com Coupon code I issued you during the last phase of the Buy-in can be applied to discount this bundle while your coupon remains active!
Even if you have picked up a couple of these titles since picking up TFD during the spring 2017 buy-in, the discount possible with your coupon code top of the bundle discount will more than likely still you big savings!
Kelly "Kat" Myers continues his series Advanced Concepts and Projects for Turbulence FD by Jawset.com with the Nuclear Weapons Pack.
In this video and download package, Kat has created dozens (Over 50) Nuclear Weapons Style explosions and ground blast wave scenes. Named after early Atomic and Nuclear Blasts from Hiroshima and Nagasaki to Operations Buster-Jangle and Plumbbob, it contains all of the elements you need to create your own explosions for MOAB to multi-megaton detonations. Many of them set up and render ready. Just sim and go.
With a run time of 125 minutes this video also includes Quicktime and EXR Renders (optional download) of many of the detonations featured in the package so you can see what they look like without having to render them out yourself first. In addition, bonus content has been provided that can be used in conjunction with the other material in this video giving you the greatest options possible for custom tailoring explosions to your needs. Want to blow up a car or an aircraft carrier or an oil refinery? Samples included in the bonus package give you these styles of explosions.
Each of the Advanced Concepts and Projects videos in this series are designed to get you the information and scene examples you need to quickly produce an effect covered in a project. Pick and choose which ones you need when you need them mixing and matching to create unlimited variations on your own.
This package is over 5.6GB to download in full.
The main tutorial video content is approximately 500MB and the rest is optional for download.
This is a set of High Quality Traffic signs objects for LightWave 3D version 11.
Mega-Uber Deal (Contains 55 Video Titles, 2 Texture Packs, 1 Model Pack)
The Mega-Uber Deal is a collection of 55 Video Tutorial Titles by Adam Gibson as well as 2 Texture Packs and 1 Model Collection. It contains 31-LightWave 3D titles, 12-3D Coat titles, 7-ZBrush titles, 4 Modo titles and 2-Photoshop titles. This offer will be available for a Limited Time only.
3D Coat titles
- Dinosaur Sub-D Modeling
- Dinosaur UV Mapping
- Spacecraft Modeling
- Surfacing for Beginners Volume #1
- Surfacing for Beginners Volume #2
- Surfacing for Beginners Volume #3
- Advanced UV Mapping Volume #1
- Advanced UV Mapping Volume #2
- Modeler Volume #1
- Modeler Volume #2
- Modeler Volume #3
- Modeler Volume #4
- Modeler Volume #5
- Modeler Volume #6
- Rigging a T-Rex with Skelegons
- Rigging a T-Rex with Bones
- Animating a Tyrannosaurus
- Sci-Fi Modeling-Interiors Hallways and Corridors
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #1
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #2
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #3
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #4
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #5
- LW CAD 3.6 Modeling Tools Volume #6
- Rigging a Human
- Animation Essentials-Vol. #1
- Animation Essentials-Vol. #2
- Camera Essentials
- ZBrush 3.1 for Lightwave Users-Volume #1-How to Paint Color
- ZBrush 3.1 for Lightwave Users-Volume #2-Normal Maps
- ZBrush 3.1 for Lightwave Users-Volume #3-Displacement Maps
- 3D Coat -StarFighter Detailing Volume #1 -Normal Maps
- 3D Coat -UV Mapping a StarFighter -Quick Method
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Photo Painting I
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Photo Painting II
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Painting Color
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Normal and Displacement Maps
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Voxel Sculpting:Project Dragon
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-UV Mapping
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Retopology I
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Retopology II-Project Suchomimus
- 3D Coat 3.5 for Lightwave Users-Auto-Retopology
- ZBrush 4 for Lightwave Users-Painting Color
- ZBrush 4 for Lightwave Users-Normal Maps
- ZBrush 4 for Lightwave Users-Displacement Maps
- ZBrush 4- ZApp Link Plugin
- ZBrush 3.1 Creature Sculpting
- ZBrush 3.1 Creature Head Detailing
- ZBRUSH 3.5 -UV Unwrapping-"Mastering UV Master"
- Modo 501 Painting Color-The Essentials
- Modo 501 Modeling Tools(Volume #1)
- MODO 501-Retopology
- MODO 501-Dinosaur UV Mapping
- Photoshop CS4-Basic Training
- Photoshop CS4-Seamless Textures
- Creature Eye Packs- Volume #1
- 2D Sci-Fi Alpha Brush Collection Volume #1
- Dinosaur Mega-Pack (Over 40 Dinosaurs)
3D Coat-2D Sci-Fi Alpha Brush Collection Volume #1
This powerful Sci-Fi Alpha Brush Collection contains 100 individual alpha brushes. The brushes can be used in any painting or sculpting program.
Programs like 3D Coat, ZBrush, Modo, Mudbox, Photoshop and more. These Alpha Brushes will save you thousands of hours in production time when detailing Sci-Fi creations like spaceships, space stations, architecture, droids, robots, machines and more. When combining these brushes together you can make extremely high detailed and complex looking surfaces.
Speed up your workflow by using pre-made alpha brushes.
Contains: 100 Sci-Fi Alpha Brushes
All images are 500 x 500 pixels.
Format: JPEG (.jpg)
Spectacular Skies [kp]
A wide range of 58 fantastic high quality dynamic skies for use in your projects. Ideal for texturing, environments, digital backdrops, digital matte painting resources and more! Most images over 3000 pixels wide. Total download 40Mb.
Creature Eye Packs- Volume #1
Creature Eye Packs- Volume #1
-Contains 27 different creature style eye images that can be used on reptiles, dinosaurs, animals, and fantasy characters in your 3D work.
Format: JPEG (.jpg)
Dimensions: 1000 x 1000 pixels each image