NewTek releases LightWave3D 2019
Yup! Just like that. https://blog.lightwave3d.com/2019/01/lightwave-3d-2019-is-now-available/ We are working on getting our upgrades and will have training available shortly. NT was very tight lipped about this one, but they may have just released the greatest Unreal Mod editor of all time! Oh, make sure you read the entire features list. While they are not making a big deal out of it, pay attention. EXPANDED LAYOUT UNDO~! NewTek is pleased to announce the release of LightWave 3D® 2019, a new edition of the production-proven graphics and animation package that refines the artist’s workflow to make creation of complex, photo-real animation and imagery faster and more efficient. Leading the list of improvements are the revolutionary new integration tools with Unreal Engine for real time data transfer to the world’s leading game engine. The system performs automatic discovery to make the workflow entirely seamless. The ground-breaking new technology allows multiple LightWave 3D 2019 seats to all connect to one Unreal Engine instance and drive changes simultaneously for content creation and animation. The LightWave™ Bridge feature is the first ever real-time collaborative workflow between a 3D application and the Unreal Engine game engine. And the automatic discovery capability – that is none other than NewTek’s industry-leading NDI®. Another major advance for LightWave users is the new Metamorphic system, which brings multipurpose animatable mesh sculpting and painting to Layout. Fully multi-threaded for fast operation, Metamorphic includes a wide range of brush options and controls, multiple animation modes, nonlinear interpolation, motion blur support and much more. Additional Highlights:
- New UV mapping and UDIM tile mapping tools and capabilities in Modeler
- Smoothing Groups in Modeler for fine-tuned control of contours in models
- Limited Bones mode
- Set the number of bones that affect a given point to match the target game engine
- Real-time optimizations to better match the bone system performance expected in game engines
- Interchange Bridge for interactive FBX interchange; support for more FBX attributes
- Shading Model Customization Tools
- New Shape Primitives and tools
- OpenVDB creation tools
- Shading and Rendering Enhancements
- Edge Shader Node simulates beveled or rounded edges without geometry
- Patina Node adds wear and dirt to surfaces to give your world that lived-in look
- Procedural Shader Node wraps classic LightWave™ procedural textures for Node Editor
- NVIDIA OptiX™ Denoising for still images (requires NVIDIA graphics card)
- Despike can reduce or eliminate artifacts for a render that has “fireflies”
- Scientifically-accurate Physical Sky shader and SunLight light type.
- Workflow and UI:
- Display Scaling Options for high-resolution monitors and multiple monitor setups
- Expanded Layout Undo System
- Popup Menus now support mouse wheel, navigation keys, search and more
- Node Graph controls for grid size, snap to grid, grid brightness and color, Tidy Nodes
- Online Documentation adapts to the screen format of any device
- “Managed portal” licensing option for large facilities. Purchase by special arrangement.
« LWUG Meeting on Twitch! (Previous News)
5 Comments to NewTek releases LightWave3D 2019
Leave a Reply
For Posting a Comment You must be Logged In.
This is exciting news!!! Of course, I guess we can’t do group buy-ins on the upgrades, but that would be nice if we could, especially for those of us who have never really given up on the program. It’s nice to see this happening in 2019. I guess that what killed LightWave video floating around on You Tube isn’t aging well. LOL.
we will never give up on LightWave3D. It never gave up on us. Check out http://lightforms.cc Very interesting stuff going on there.
Will there be any new training from Ryan Roye at all please ?
He is working on something. It may not be what you expect though 🙂