The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster by Ryan Roye
The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster IKBooster has baffled and bewildered Lightwave users for over a decade. Despite the incredible value it adds to Lightwave’s animation toolset, it is a fact that IKBooster has remained as a tool of obscurity due to lacking documentation and an unusual and unorthodox (but extremely efficient) interface. It’s time to change that right now. The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster finally introduces complete documentation, simple yet powerful workflows, lightning fast rigging, and animation functions that are complete game changers in terms of Lightwave’s animation capabilities. If you thought Lightwave’s animation tools left something to be desired, let this content prove otherwise. The video below explains how awesome your animation workflow can be.
The downloads include:
- The IKBooster Comprehensive Guide videos
- Scenes, prefabs, and example/demonstrative Lightwave content to open and play with
- 5 character models
- Sample IKB relative motion files
- Sample commented Lscripts demonstrating time saving functions
- Supplementary videos (IE: How to mix IK with IKBooster)
VIDEO DETAILSTotal runtime (all videos combined): 3.6 hours Video size: 1600×868 Subtitles are included with all video content. ☼ VIDEO PART 1: User Interface and Fundementals ☼ With exception of motion files and dynamics (covered in more detail in later parts), every conceivable aspect of IKBooster is revealed in this segment. After watching this part, you will know what all of IKBooster’s tools do and be provided with insight as to where those tools are useful. Additionally, I include tips and advice that are absolutely required for smooth operation of IKBooster. Why doesn’t Apply Keys work all the time? Why would anyone use FK control? Why do my characters wobble around after I use and animate with fixed bones? Why can’t I load my IKBooster characters into a new scene? Countless questions like this are answered entirely, allowing you to use IKBooster seamlessly in your workflow. ☼ VIDEO PART 2: Rigging and Animation ☼ Just knowing what IKBooster’s tools do isn’t enough. You need to know how to use them and how they all work together to give you a completed production. The following is covered in part 2…
- IKBooster’s advantages vs. normal character rigs in Lightwave
- Creating a master template rig you can use on all your characters, includes basic usage relativity (little to no math! I promise!). I explain the control mechanisms, the reasons behind bone placement, and other details.
- How to quickly (in minutes) adapt your master template rig to other characters.
- Micro Scale Hold Nulls. These allow for easy 2-channel click-drag movements without using any motion modifiers or adding bulk to your scene.
- Expressionless Multimorphs. A more visual and interactive approach to combining morphs (uses micro scale hold nulls).
- How to do Character Interaction… by clicking a checkbox. I’m not kidding.
- Using IKBooster to rig other things like lights, cameras, and other things to make animation as a whole much easier.
- Why you should NEVER, EVER do character animation at above 20 frames per second… no matter what program you are using, Lightwave included. (Animate… then interpolate!)
- I demonstrate the basic animation process and how it relates to IKBooster’s workflow. IKBooster’s animation workflow is more traditional in approach rather than technical.
- How to make any looping animation in half the time. Literally.
« Brand New IKBoost Manual Now Online! (Previous News)