The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster by Ryan Roye
The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster IKBooster has baffled and bewildered Lightwave users for over a decade. Despite the incredible value it adds to Lightwave’s animation toolset, it is a fact that IKBooster has remained as a tool of obscurity due to lacking documentation and an unusual and unorthodox (but extremely efficient) interface. It’s time to change that right now. The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster finally introduces complete documentation, simple yet powerful workflows, lightning fast rigging, and animation functions that are complete game changers in terms of Lightwave’s animation capabilities. If you thought Lightwave’s animation tools left something to be desired, let this content prove otherwise. The videos below explain how awesome your animation workflow can be. The downloads include:
- The IKBooster Comprehensive Guide videos
- Scenes, prefabs, and example/demonstrative Lightwave content to open and play with
- 5 character models
- Sample IKB relative motion files
- Sample commented Lscripts demonstrating time saving functions
- Supplementary videos
- IKBooster’s advantages vs. normal character rigs in Lightwave
- Creating a master template rig you can use on all your characters, includes basic usage relativity (little to no math! I promise!). I explain the control mechanisms, the reasons behind bone placement, and other details.
- How to quickly (in minutes) adapt your master template rig to other characters.
- Micro Scale Hold Nulls. These allow for easy 2-channel click-drag movements without using any motion modifiers or adding bulk to your scene.
- Expressionless Multimorphs. A more visual and interactive approach to combining morphs (uses micro scale hold nulls).
- How to do Character Interaction… by clicking a checkbox. I’m not kidding.
- Using IKBooster to rig other things like lights, cameras, and other things to make animation as a whole much easier.
- Why you should NEVER, EVER do character animation at above 20 frames per second… no matter what program you are using, Lightwave included. (Animate… then interpolate!)
- I demonstrate the basic animation process and how it relates to IKBooster’s workflow. IKBooster’s animation workflow is more traditional in approach rather than technical.
- How to make any looping animation in half the time. Literally.
« 35% off all Kat Videos! Limited Time Only! (Previous News)
(Next News) Citizen’s Sale: 30% off of Adam Gibson’s Videos! »
9 Comments to The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster by Ryan Roye
Leave a Reply
For Posting a Comment You must be Logged In.
If anyone has questions or comments about the IKBCG content, as always, feel free to comment here, or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the stair stepping loop video include on the parts 3-5?
RE: John Cheng. Yes. The technique involves bone binding, which utilizes the character’s rig to determine how to position the character, which allows for “chain reaction” style modifications (so, small changes can adapt the entire animation across the entire timeline).
While the series does focus on full IKBooster rigs which have many advantages in production, nearly all of the concepts, including all aspects of relative motion loading (including the “stairstepping”) can be adapted for use for full time IK rigs for users who feel more comfortable going that route.
Thanks for reply! Still have question about the video,I can’t find out the(How to mix IK with IKBooster)on the bonus video or Supplementary video?
Would you mind tell me where it is or on which parts of the video.
RE: John Cheng: Look for FullTimeIK_with_IKB.mp4 , it is a separate, supplementary file. Specifically, the folder path should be as such:
The video shows how to go from IKB animation, to full time IK, and back again via baking.
Please note also John, that the video in question is only part of the second product (Parts 3-5) and you have only purchased the first product (Parts 1-2).
RE: John Cheng
The extra supplementary videos mentioned here weren’t included with the 2013 November release which is why you don’t see them. I sent an e-mail to your username address. Give me a reply and I think I can pull a few strings for you. Thanks!
I purchased your “Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster” as part of the “RR Animation Kit” last year (I think it was May 14, 2016), and I just now have had some time to watch the videos.
After un-raring the archives, I’ve discovered that the video file “IKB_Comprehensive_Part5.mp4” is corrupted and the system does not recognize it as a playable MP4 file. Not even VLC will play it.
All the other videos are fine (at least they open in VLC).
I found the original Liberty3D email with the download links, but they have expired so I cannot re-download it.
Can you make just this one video available?
I’m re-issuing download links for you via email so keep you eyes out for it.
Also regarding the unpacking of the files, please watch the videos on our Store FAQ page for instructions on how to do this correctly.