The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster by Ryan Roye
The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster IKBooster has baffled and bewildered Lightwave users for over a decade. Despite the incredible value it adds to Lightwave’s animation toolset, it is a fact that IKBooster has remained as a tool of obscurity due to lacking documentation and an unusual and unorthodox (but extremely efficient) interface. It’s time to change that right now. The Comprehensive Guide to IKBooster finally introduces complete documentation, simple yet powerful workflows, lightning fast rigging, and animation functions that are complete game changers in terms of Lightwave’s animation capabilities. If you thought Lightwave’s animation tools left something to be desired, let this content prove otherwise. The videos below explain how awesome your animation workflow can be. The downloads include:
- The IKBooster Comprehensive Guide videos
- Scenes, prefabs, and example/demonstrative Lightwave content to open and play with
- 5 character models
- Sample IKB relative motion files
- Sample commented Lscripts demonstrating time saving functions
- Supplementary videos
- IKBooster’s advantages vs. normal character rigs in Lightwave
- Creating a master template rig you can use on all your characters, includes basic usage relativity (little to no math! I promise!). I explain the control mechanisms, the reasons behind bone placement, and other details.
- How to quickly (in minutes) adapt your master template rig to other characters.
- Micro Scale Hold Nulls. These allow for easy 2-channel click-drag movements without using any motion modifiers or adding bulk to your scene.
- Expressionless Multimorphs. A more visual and interactive approach to combining morphs (uses micro scale hold nulls).
- How to do Character Interaction… by clicking a checkbox. I’m not kidding.
- Using IKBooster to rig other things like lights, cameras, and other things to make animation as a whole much easier.
- Why you should NEVER, EVER do character animation at above 20 frames per second… no matter what program you are using, Lightwave included. (Animate… then interpolate!)
- I demonstrate the basic animation process and how it relates to IKBooster’s workflow. IKBooster’s animation workflow is more traditional in approach rather than technical.
- How to make any looping animation in half the time. Literally.
« 35% off all Kat Videos! Limited Time Only! (Previous News)
(Next News) Citizen’s Sale: 30% off of Adam Gibson’s Videos! »