ZBrush 2022 is out!
Nice to get a notice that ZBrush 2022 is out on a Sunday evening. Further details are here https://pixologic.com/features/ Once again, perpetual licenses remain available for a very reasonable price and upgradable for free. Nice! Just goes to show you that you can do awesome things and not screw your customers. There are several new tools in this release that most certainly are immediately usable for many artists. These include the new Emboss Surface tool called “Bas Relief”, “Bevel Pro” and the newly updated “Knife Tool” which does some very interesting, if not familiar things for you users of 3rd Powers plug-ins for LightWave3D. For sure worth checking out. Here are some additional features and release notes. A couples of these are really cool* but some artists may not totally realize their potential just yet.
- Stager now has a Copy/Paste option.
- Stager now has an Interpolate option.
- Edge Detect option added to Spotlight allows users to interactively highlight the edges of an image for various effects.
- Visibility Sets: Store up to 8 Sets of your SubTools in different visibility configurations.
- ScribeStandard and ScribeChisel brushes added. They both take advantage of the Curve Sub-Steps slider.
- Gizmo can apply soft deformation with its falloff adjusted by Focal Shift.*
- FBX will now import images with camera angles. Ideal when using photogrammetry or image planes from other applications. *
- Deformation actions from the Deformation menu can now affect multiple SubTools simultaneously with the Gizmo Multi-Select option.
- Dynamesh Resolution can now be sampled directly from a mesh on the canvas by dragging from its slider to target mesh polygons.
- Added a Mask By Depth function to mask the model based on each point’s distance from the camera.*
- Added a Mask By Normals function that will mask polygons that do not directly face the camera.*
« Kat’s DTLV Texture Pack Vol. 1 (Previous News)
(Next News) New!! 3D Coat 2021- Volume #1- Get Started I »