Bugfixes and some new features QuadPanels v1.2 is now out. This free upgrade to the nurnie plugin is now capable of using your own custom built nurnies as details, as well as using the built in procedurals, or use a mix of the two. The Projection of procedural panels is now more precisely controllable too. ( The original post for QuadPanels can be found at https://liberty3d.com/2010/06/quadpanels-fast-easy-detailing-for-scifi-meshes/ ) This shows a panel using purely custom nurnies, you can tell QuadPanels to maintain the aspect and scale of the nurnies if you want them to remain precise shapes, or you can freely scale them to fit the subpanels. QuadPanels isn’t limited to scifi detailing, this rock wall was created by using separate stone blocks as custom ‘nurnies’ Click here to download The evaluation version is limited:
- working with 6000 poly meshes.
- bugs you for a serial number often.
- only works with single polygon selections ( as opposed to detailing any number of polygons at once ) .
- occasionally doesn’t do what it’s asked.
- only works with 2 custom nurnies.
« Weighter 2 is around the corner (Previous News)
(Next News) QuadPanels 1.3 – UPDATE »